Friday, February 20, 2015

Computer Building Pics

Hey, all!  So, you may be wondering what I got for my birthday... Well, I got a bunch of computer parts!  (These of course, make up a computer.  Now that I think about it...what else could they make up?) Well, I'll add captions to the pics along the way!  Enjoy!

Just starting to ops things.  The red
mat is a special static-free area. 





A good look at the inside
of my computer case.





Let's get started!


Opening some boxes...

This is the motherboard box.

The motherboard in it's package.





And there it is!

The motherboard itself.

Now we have to add some
things to it.


I just laid the processor into place.
Now I'm going to put the heat-sink in.



Okay, that looks right.


Now, we're done the motherboard.  Let's put it into the case.



Tada!  Motherboard installed!




Okay.  Here's what it looks like
so far.

We have the motherboard, power supply,
processor, graphics card, and hard
drive installed.

Now we just gotta wire it.

Pluging in a few of the first wires.



Another close-up of the computer.
Now with some wires installed.

Aaaand...tada!  There we go.

A close-up of some of the components.





Here we go!  Putting on the
cover again!

Tightening those last screws...

Pesky screws!


Okay, I have to bring it upstairs
now...


My mom decided to stalk me
while I was doing so!  :)


Gosh...why is she still taking
pictures of me?

After all, I am just walking
upstairs.

:P


Ahh.  We just put it there
so we could test things out.

First plug-in....

Moment of truth!




Yes!  It turns on!

We don't have an operating system on it yet, so it's just
going to show that black screen for now.




And, yes!  That's it!
Thanks, Dad, for helping me!
So, remember I said how I didn't have an operating system on the computer yet?  Well, I'm happy to say that I've installed the Windows 10 beta on it, and am using it to blog right now!


That's all, folks!  I hope you enjoyed watching my build my very first computer!  Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment