Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My VLACS Computer Literacy Course

Today I'm going to talk about one of my VLACS (An online charter school) courses called Computer Literacy.  I have 3 other courses, (Math, Language Arts, and World Cultures) but today I'm just going to talk about this one.

In section 1 of my course, I learned about the Internet, what it does, and different browsers that can use it.  Right now, as I'm typing this post, I'm using Chrome.  My personal favorite.  However, VLACS is not able to be used in Chrome.  So, I use the one recommend, Firefox.



In section 2, I learned about a program called Writer.  It is in an office suite called Open Office.  My family has iWork, Microsoft Office, and Open Office. (Now we have Open Office because of VLACS!)  Writer is a program that you can write text in to make a document.


In section 3, I learned about formatting documents.  Formatting mean to change how something looks.  You can format text to make it a different color, size, or font.  You can also change the way the paper faces.  Portrait, or Landscape.





For the 4th section, I learned about A program called Calc.  This is in - you might have guessed - Open Office.  This is used to make spreadsheets.  Spreadsheets are used to organize data.




The 5th section was about Impress.  One of the programs in Open Office!  Impress can help you make presentations.  I made a couple, but I can't post them on this website.




And last but not least, section 6 is about Blogging.  Where do you think I am in the course?  Yep, I'm in the blogging part.  In that section it required me to write something like this on a blog that I created...which I'm currently doing...


Well, thanks for reading!  I only have one more section to go!  Section 7!  Bye!